10. If 25 men can weave 120 metres of cloth in a day, how many metres of cloth will be woven by 35 men in a day ?
(A) 170 metres
(B) 168 metres
(C) 190 metres
(D) 180 metres
11. 12 men can do a piece of work in 30 days. How many extra men should be engaged to do the work in 20 days ?
(A) 8 men
(B) 6 men
(C) 10 men
(D) 15 men
12. A man and a boy can do a piece of work in 36 days, if the man works alone for the last 10 days, it is completed in 40 days. How long would the boy take to do it alone ?
(A) 85 days
(B) 100 days.
(C) 80 days
(D) 90 days
13. A and B together can do a piece of work in 25 days. If B works alone for the last 10 days, it is completed in 30 days. In how many days A alone can do it ?
(A) 50 days
(B) 60. days.
(C) 40 days
(D) 55 days
15. If 50 men do a piece of work in 12 days working 8 hours a day. How many hours a day would 60 men have to work in order to do another piece of work twice as great in 16 days ?
(A) 10 hours a day
(B) 12 hours a day
(C) 8 hours a day
(D) 6 hours, a day
16. A contractor undertook to finish a road 12 km long in 350 days. But after employing 45 men for 200 days he found that only 4 km of the road had been built. How many additional men must be engaged to finish the work in the given time ?
(A) 70 men
(B) 80 men
(C) 75 men
(D) 85 men
17. A laboratory has to pay Rs.67.50 for 30 days as gas bill. If it uses 35 gas burners for 6 hours a day. Find the amount to be paid if it uses 30 gas burners for 18 days working 7 hours a day.
18. The cost of printing a magazine of 540 pages with 30 lines on each page and 15 words in each line is Rs,7200. Find the cost of printing a magazine of 450 pages with 35 lines on each page and 18 words in each line.
56. 10 men can do a piece of work in 18 days. In how many days 12 men can do it ?
(A) 12 days
(B) 15 days
(C) 10 days
(D) 16 days
74. M and N can finish a work in 15 and 20 days respectively. If they do the work together, find the ratio of their income.
(A) 3 : 4
(B) 2 : 3
(C) 4 : 3
(D) 3 : 2
75. If 36 bighas of land may be irrigated in 16 days by a well-pump working 15 hours a day. How many days will it take to irrigate 42 bighas of land by the pump working 10 hours a day ?
WBCS Main Question Paper – 2018
58. A single person takes 6 minutes to fill a bottle. If from 11 am to 12.30 pm 1845 bottles are to be filled, how many persons should be employed on this job ?
66. A is twice as good a workman as B. A and B together complete a piece of work in 28 days. In how many days will A alone do the same piece of work ?
(A) 40 days
(B) 42 days
(C) 35 days
(D) 36 days
85. A contractor employed 100 labours, both male and female. Each female labourer receives Rs.144 as daily wages while each male labourer receives Rs.96 as daily wages. If the contractor distributes Rs.12,480 daily as wages, how many more female labourers did he employ than male labourers ?
67. A boat man can row a boat downstream and upstream at 13 kmph and 9 kmph respectively. What will be the speed of boat in still water ? (in kmph)
69. If a man runs 6 kmph from his house, he misses the train at the station by 8 minutes. If he runs at 10 kmph, he reaches the station 7 minutes earlier then the departure of the train. What is the distance of the station from his house ? (in km.)
You cannot copy content of this page