WBCS Main – 2018
123. Which one of the following areas is noted
for mangrove vegetation?
(A) Lava forest of Kalimpong
forest of South 24-Parganas
(C) Dandakaranya forest of Orissa
(D) National Park of U.P.
126. The Sundarban is found in
(B) West Ghats
(C) Konkan Coast
(D) Deltaic W.B
Which one of the following is a wildlife sanctuary?
(C) Corbett Park
135. National Botanical Garden is located at
157. Farakka Barrage was commissioned to
(A) save Kolkata
(B) link North and South Bengal
(C) supply drinking water to Kolkata
(D) divert water to Bangladesh
159. Which of the following canals is located
(A) Lower Ganga canal
(B) Saracja canal
(C) Eden canal
(D) Sirhand canal
WBCS Main – 2017
171. The district having the highest percentage
of ST population (in 2011) in West Bengal is
(C) Purulia (actually
(D) Dakshin Dinajpur
172. The district having the lowest population
density (as in 2011) in West Bengal is
173. The maximum migration (migrants by place
of birth) in West Bengal (as in 2011) had occurred as
174. Share (in %) of the net sown area is the
maximum in the district of
(A) Purba Medinipur
175. West Bengal has the highest number of
livestock in the form of
176. Geologically arsenic in groundwater has
its original source in
(A) the chotonagpur plateau.
(B) the marine sediments of the Bay of Bengal.
(C) the Himalayas.
(D) the Ganga
177. Clouded Leopard in West Bengal can be
spotted in wild in
(A) Neora Valley
(D) Forests of Purulia
178. Bibhutibhusan Wildlife Sanctuary is
located in the district of
(B) South 24 Parganas
(C) North 24
179. Which district of the following does not
have Fluoride contamination in groundwater?
180.Which one of the following statement is not
true in case of the East Kolkata Wetlands (E K W)?
(A) It has an area of about 800 ha.
(B) It is a Ramsar site.
(C) It is popular for its waste recycling
(D) It is
covered by a large number of water bodies only.
181. Swatch-of-No-Ground is located in — ZOO
(A) the Godavari continental shelf
(B) the Northern part of the Indian Ocean.
(C ) the Western coast of India.
(D) the Northern
part of the Bay of Bengal.
182. The most vulnerable tribal community in
West Bengal is
184. Coal mines in West Bengal are mainly of
(A) Anthracite type
(C) Lignite type
(D) Beat type
185. The number of class I towns in West Bengal
(A) 68 (B) 58
(C) 48 (D) 38
187. ‘Barid’ tract is found in the district of
(C) North 24 Parganas
188. Which one of the following towns of
WestBengal has been selected for ‘Smart City’ development ?
(New Town, Kolkata, Bidhannagar, Durgapur,
191. Which one of the following is not an
island of the Sundarban region ?
192. What percentage of area is under forests
in West Bengal ?
(A) 13% (B) 20%
193.Which district of West Bengal has recorded
the least average annual precipitation during 1901-2010 period?
195.Which one of the following is not a tidal
river of West Bengal ?
109.The normal date of onset of the South-West
monsoon in South Bengal is
(A) 1 – 5 June
(B) 5-10 June
(C) 10-15 June
(D) 15-20 June
127. According to ISI Seismic Risk Zones the
South Bengal Plains lie within
(A) Zone I
(B) Zone II
(C) Zone III (III
(D) Zone IV
WBCS Main – 2016
81. River Tista is a tributary of which river
184. UNESCO declared as a Biosphere Reserve as
well as a World Heritage site in 1997
(B) Jim Corbet
145. Lowest literacy rate found in West Bengal
(A) Purba Medinipur
(B) Koch Bihar
149. Literacy rate of West Bengal as on 2011 is
176. Population density of West Bengal as on
(A) 1028 person
per square km
(B) 1023 person per square km.
(C) 1038 person per square km.
(D) 1033 person per square km.
186. Level of urbanization in West Bengal in
WBCS Main – 2015
30. ____is the largest district of West Bengal
in size –
(a) South 24
(b) Midnapore (West)
97. Aluminum Factory of West Bengal is located
98. Lowest rainfall of West Bengal is found in:
(c) Paschim Midnapore
99. West Bengal was formed on :
(a) 1st January of 1905
(b) 15th August of 1947
(c) 26th January
(d) 14th April of 1948
100. Consider the following statements and
select the correct answer using codes given below:
I. Rivers of Sunderban Region are fed by high
Il. Most of the rivers of Sunderban Region are
distributaries of Hooghly
Ill. Haldi is a tributary of Hooghly
IV. Saptamukhi and Piyali fall in Sunderban
(a) I & III
(b) II & III
(c) I, II &
(d) None of the above
WBCS Main – 2014
94. Which is the highest peak in West Bengal?
95 Which of the following districts of West
Bengal has the lowest literacy rate in 2011?
96. The approximate percentage of land under
forest in West Bengalis
99. North-South stretch Hooghly industrial belt
is from Banshberia to
(b) Budge Budge
100. In which part of the Ganga delta land
building has practically ceased?
(a) North 24-Parganas
(b) South 24-Parganas
92. East Kolkata Wetlands were designated a
“Wetlands of International Importance” under the Ramsar Conventionin