Culture & Sports Miscellaneous Question Paper
Miscellaneous Question Paper – 2019
1. Who is the author of the book ‘The Trial’?
(A) Mark Twain
(B) Franz Kafka
(C) James Joyce
(D) Ernest Hemingway
8. ‘Toba Tek Singh’ is a story about which historic reality?
(B) Revolt of 1857
(C) Non-cooperation movement
(D) Revolutionary movement
10. Dan Brown’s most renowned protagonist ‘David Langdon’ is nicknamed
12. Which dancer of Bengal made path breaking for the inmates of the correctional homes?
(A) Alokananda Roy
(B) Mamata Shankar
(C) Sutapa Talukdar
(D) Amita Dutt
13. Which author wrote the famous novel ‘Sawa Ser Gehun’?
(A) Prem Chand
(B) Khushwant Singh
(D) Jaishankar Prasad
15. ‘Nibaran Chakraborti’ is a character in which novel of Rabindranath and to which profession did he belong?
(A) Novel Gora, profession Brahmin Priest.
(B) Novel Ghare Baire, profession Swadeshi Agitator.
(C) Novel Jogajog, profession Teacher.
(D) Novel Shesher Kobita, profession Poet.
20. From which Sufi Dargah of Delhi a group of singers sang playback for Bollywood?
(A) Hazrat Nizamuddin
(D) Matka Peer Dargah
21. Which country did Steffi Graf represent when she won the Gold for Women’s Singles Tennis player in the Seoul Olympics of 1988?
(B) West Germany
(C) East Germany
27. Who is the creator of the famous Bengali cartoon series ‘Nante-Fonte’?
(A) Narayan Gangopadhyay
(B) Narayan Debnath
(C) Narayan Sanyal
(D) Narayan Shikdar
28. Gotipua dance is from which province of India?
(D) Andhra Pradesh
33. Which one of the following is the ultimate evil character in ‘Harry Potter’ series?
(A) Dudley Dursley
(B) Lord Voldemort
(C) Severus Snape
(D) None of them
38. Which of the following author has written the famous novel ‘Palamou’?
(A) Bibhuti Bhusan Bandyopadhyay
(B) Sanjib Chattopadhyay
(C) Buddhadeb Basu
(D) Samresh Bose
40. Which musical instrument of Central Asia resembles Indian instrument Sarod?
46. Who was the first person from independent India to win a medal in the Summer Olympics?
(A) Khashaba Dadashaheb Jadav
(B) Karnam Malleswari
(C) Leander Paes
(D) Abhinav Bindra
52. Which novel of Amithabh Ghosh is written about Burma?
(A) Shadow Lines
(B) Glass Palace
(C) Hungry Tides
53. What is the original name of Lata Mangeshkar?
63. Which prize did the novel ‘Milkman’ by Anna Burns received?
(A) Nobel Prize
(B) Pulitzer Prize
(C) Man Booker Prize
(D) Edgar Award
65. ‘Haidar’ – the Bollywood film is based on which famous English drama?
(A) Arms and the Man
(B) Pride and Prejudice
(C) War and Peace
68. The author of the famous biographical writing, ‘The Diary of a Young Girl’, Anne Frank belonged to which nationality?
69. Pandit Birju Maharaj had choreographed for which film below?
(A) Jhanak Jhanak Payel Baje
(B) Umrao Jaan
(D) Shatranj Ke Khiladi
73. Who is the creator of the first women detective group ‘Goenda Gondalu’ in Bengali novels?
(A) Shukhalata Rao
(B) Leela Majumdar
(C) Sarojini Naidu
(D) Nalini Das
74. Which of the novels below is a story of a little girl?
(C) Anna Karenina
(D) Jane Eyre
Miscellaneous Question Paper – 2018
53. The 1960 first Para Olympic Games were held at
(C) New Delhi
55. Kathakali is a classical dance-drama originated from
56. One of the famous dancers of “Kuchipudi” is
(A) Yamini Reddy
(B) Bharati Gupta
(C) Durga Das
(D) Sitara Devi
57. “Giddha Parhaum”- performed by women during marriage ceremonies in
(A) Himachal Pradesh
59. The National School of Drama was set up in the year
61. Who is famous as Flute Instrumentalist?
(A) Gauri Shankar
(B) U. Srinivas
(C) Pannalal Ghosh
(D) Khagen Dey
62. In which date the Sangeet Natak Academy recognised ‘Sattriya Nritya’?
(A) December 30, 1990
(B) November 15, 2000
(C) July 1, 2002
(D) July 1, 2003
63. The folk dance ‘Hikat’ is performed in which State?
(A) Jammu & Kashmir
67. The book ‘I follow the Mahatma’ has been written by
(A) Prabhat Kumar
(B) K. M. Munshi
(C) Rajendra Prasad
(D) Shoba Dey
68. Who has written the book ‘Jurassic Park’?
(A) Michael Crichton
(B) Walter Scott
(C) Robert Louis
(D) D. H. Lorence
69. ‘Long Walk to Freedom’ book has been written by an author of which of the following countries?
(C) United States of America
(D) South Africa
70. ‘The Road Ahead’ book is authored by
(A) P. B. Shelly
(B) John Keats
(C) Bill Gates
(D) Paul Roberts
71. Who has written the book ‘The Rights of Man’?
(B) Thomas Paine
(D) John Lock