WBCS Question Paper – Main – 2017
183. What will be the expected average age of an Indian by the year 2020 ?
(A) 24 years (B) 29 years
(C) 34 years (D) 39 years
186. The child sex ratio in India in the year 2011 was
(A) 900 (B) 907
(C) 914 (D) 921 (actually 919)
196. Which one of the following Indian languages is included in Indo-Aryan group?
(C) Oriya/ Odiya
197. Kadars are the dwellers of
(A) Paini hills
(B) Nilgiri hills
(C) Anaimalai hills
(A) 1881 (B) 1872
(C) 1892 (D)1891
199. Bulk of the Indian population is constituted by the racial group of
(A) The Proto Australoids
(B) The Mediterraneous
(C) The Mongoloids
(D) The Negritos
189.The number of villages in India is about
(C) 5 lakh
(A) 3 lakh
(B) 4 lakh
(D) 6 lakh
190.As per the census of India (2011) the state having The highest number of urban population is
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Tamil Nadu
(D) West Bengal
WBCS Question Paper – Main – 2016
58. Which of the following is the dominant type of migration in India ?
(A) Rural to Rural
(B) Rural to Urban
(C) Urban to Urban
(D) Urban to Rural
172. The trials of central and southern India belongs to
(C) Brachy caphals
180. Population density of India as on 2011 is
(A) 372 person per square km.
(B) 382 person per square km.
(C) 392 person per square km.
(D) 352 person per square km.
WBCS Question Paper – Main – 2015
3. The main occupation of the Gonds is
(a) Food gathering
4. Which one of the following Union Territories has the highest literacy rate?
(b) Dadar and Nagar Haveli
(c) Daman and Diu
(d) NCT of Delhi
6. Which one of the following states recorded the lowest literacy in 2011?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
8. Between 2001 and 2011, India’s population has increased by
10. Arrange the literacy rates of the following States in descending order –
a. Kerala b. Mizoram
c. Tripura d. Goa
(a) a, b, d, c (b) a, b, c, d
(c) a, d, b, c (d) a, d, c, b
51. Which one of the following is most spoken Indo-Austric Language in India ?
52. Which of the following Scheduled Tribe has a dispersed core ?
53. Name the Five Year Plan (FY) in which the ‘Voluntary Sterilization Population Policy’ was introduce?
(a) 1st Five year Plan
(b) 2nd Five year plan
(c) 3rd Five year plan
(d) 4th Five year plan
54. The habitat of the Toda Tribe is —
(a) Aravalli range
(b) Siwalik range
(c) Kaimur range
(d) Nilgiri hills
55. Which one of the following States has the lowest percentage of Scheduled Tribes?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
57. According to the census 2011, India has what percentage of the total population of the world ?
58. Which one of the following is not the part of the definition of a town as per the census of India ?
(a) Population density of 400 persons per Sq. km
(b) Presence of Municipality Corporation etc.
(c) More than 75% of the population engaged in primary sector
(d) Population size of more than 5000 persons
59. The Zones and Strata theory pertaining to the origin and diffusion of human races was propounded by
WBCS Question Paper – Main – 2014
73. Which year is considered as a year of great divide in the demographic history Of India?
(a) 1921 (b) 1931
(c) 1991 (d) 2001
74. According to 2011 census, literacy rate in India is
(a) 64.83 percent
(b) 65.46 percent
(c) 74.04 percent
(d) 82.14 percent
75. Highest scheduled caste population is found in
(a) West Bengal (actual answer-Punjab)
76. Which one of the following states has the lowest sex ratio in 2011?
(d) Jammu and Kashmir
77. In 2011,the number of one million cities in India was
(a) 23 (b) 32
(c) 35 (d) 53
78. Which state or union territory of India has recorded the highest rate of population growth in the last census (2011)?