Preamble, Citizenship & History of Constitution – WBCS Main Question Paper
wbcs main polity question and answer
WBCS Main Question Paper – 2021
8. Which is the ‘Soul’ of the Indian Constitution?
(A) Fundamental Rights
(C) both (i) and (ii)
(D) None of the above
23. Where are the words ‘Unity and Integrity of the Nation’ are found?
(A) Directive Principles of State Policy.
(B) Emergency Provisions
(C) Fundamental Duties
24. When was the First Amendment Bill passed?
28. When was the Constitution of India enacted by the Constituent Assembly?
(A) 26 January, 1950
(B) 26 November, 1949
(C) 26 January, 1949
(D) 20 January, 1949
37. Where was the first Session of the Constituent Assembly held?
(B) New Delhi
60. Which of the following is not included in the Preamble?
62. How many Schedules are there in the Constitution of India?
63. When was the Indian Independence Act passed by the British Parliament?
(A) 18 July, 1947
(B) 20 July, 1947
(C) 18 July, 1946
(D) 20 July, 1946
64. The concept of ‘Liberty’ and ‘Fraternity’ in the Constitution of India was taken from
67. Which Schedule contains “Forms of Oath & Affirmations”?
77. Who was the temporary President in the first meeting of the Constituent Assembly on 9 December, 1946?
(A) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) Dr. Sachchidanda Sinha
(D) B. N. Rau
84. When were the words “Socialist” and “Secular” added to the Preamble?
92. What is Article 5 of the Constitution of India related to?
(A) Fundamental Duties
(D) Formation of new states
100. When was the Indian Citizenship Act enacted?
103. The idea of ‘Single Citizenship’ was taken from which country?
(D) United Kingdom
124. When was the first meeting of the Constituent Assembly held?
(A) 9th December, 1945
(B) 9th December, 1946
(C) 9th December, 1947
(D) 9th December, 1948
129. Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution deals with
(C) Rajya Sabha
(D) List of Recognized Languages
160. The States were reorganized in the year 1956 mainly on the basis of
(A) Linguistic and Cultural uniformity.
(B) Administration facility.
(C) Geographic similarity.
(D) Administrative uniformity.
163. Which is not a condition for becoming a citizen of India?
(D) Acquiring Property
173. From where has been the concept of Fundamental Rights taken?
194. Who was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee?
(A) Tej Bahadur Sapru
(B) Rajendra Prasad
(C) C. Rajagopalachari
(D) B. R. Ambedkar
WBCS Main Question Paper – 2020
10. The Preamble of the Indian Constitution was inspired by the Preamble of the Constitution of which country ?
(A) U.S. Constitution
(B) Swiss Constitution
(C) British Constitution
(D) Constitution of Canada
11. The Constitution (Ninety-second Amendment) Act, 2003, amended the Eighth schedule to the Constitution so as to include Bodo, Dogri, Maithili and Santhali languages, thereby raising the total number of languages listed in the schedule to
30. The Preamble to the Indian Constitution has been amended and the terms ‘Socialist’, ‘Secular’ and ‘Integrity’ have been added by which Amendment Act ?
Choose the correct option.
(A) 42nd Amendment Act
(B) 43rd Amendment Act
(C) 45th Amendment Act
(D) 46th Amendment Act
31. Who is known as the Father of the Indian Constitution ?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(C) Alladi Krishna Swami Ayyar
(D) Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
38. In which year did Goa became the 25th State of India ?
39. Which part of the Constitution of India describes citizenship at the commencement of the Constitution ?
(Article 5 – 11)
(A) Part I
(B) Part II
(C) Part III
(D) Part IV
44. Choose the correct answer:
(A) The Constituent Assembly of India took about one year to complete its work.
(B) The Constituent Assembly of India took about two years to complete its work.
(C) The Constituent Assembly of India took about three years to complete its work.
(D) The Constituent Assembly of India took about four years to complete its work.
47. Who is known as the Father of the Lok Sabha ?
(A) G.V. Mavalankar
(B) Rabi Ray
(C) Balram Jakhar
(D) P. A. Sangma
52. Which Amendment Act made Sikkim a full-fledged state of India ?
(A) 34th Constitutional Amendment Act
(B) 35th Constitutional Amendment Act
(C) 36th Constitutional Amendment Act
(D) 37th Constitutional Amendment Act
61. Fill in the blank :
In India the concept of single citizenship is adopted from _____.
(A) The French Constitution
(B) The Swiss Constitution
(C) The Constitution of United States of America
(D) The British Constitution
73. When was the Indian Constitution first adopted ?
(A) The Constituent Assembly adopted the Constitution of India on 26th January, 1950.
(B) The Constituent Assembly adopted the Constitution of India on 26th January, 1949.
(C) The Constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on 26th November, 1949.
(D) The Constitution of India was adopted on 26th November, 1948.
76. Which is the longest written constitution in the world ?
(A) The Constitution of the United States
(B) The Constitution of India
(C) The Constitution of the Fifth Republic of France
(D) The Constitution of Switzerland
90. Choose the correct statement stated in the Constitution of India :
(A) India, that is Bharat, shall be a Federation of States.
(B) India, that is Bharat, shall be a Union of States.
(C) India, that is Bharat, shall be a Quasi federal State.
(D) India, that is Bharat, shall be a Unitary State.